It does NOT matter if YOU approve!

Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 by Anthony in
5

Yesterday, I spent most of my day helping my friend pick out a house. We toured several homes, along with the realtor and the seller's agent. I was hoping they'd reschedule because of the nonstop rain that we were experiencing in Charlotte, but apparently rain has no effect on people when they are working for commission. As we went from home to home and in room after room I began to get almost as excited as my friend, knowing that home ownership was about to become a reality. Eventually, everyone begin to ask my opinion about each home but I told them I was just there for moral support. In my mind I was really saying, "It doesn't matter what I think, she's already been approved." My only advice was, "Get EXACTLY what you want!" My friend has been involved in the NACA program and acquired pre-approval before initiating her search for a home.

I watched intently to observe the "swag" that comes with knowing you've already been approved. I almost couldn't relate as I remembered sitting in the loan office sweating bullets while trying to buy my first car. Also, swimming through my head were visions of handing store clerks my credit card with one hand while my other hand was hidden behind my back with my fingers crossed. Watching my friend walk into those houses with confidence increased my confidence in my walk with God. She wasn't hoping they would give her a house, begging for carpet or wood, or even scared to ask for upgrades. She KNEW that she was approved and closing would be no problem.

I always ask God to show Himself to me in EVERY situation since He is EVERYWHERE. His goal for me yesterday was to refocus my attention on His pre-approval process and what it means for my life. Before Jesus ever did ONE miracle God spoke in Matthew 3:17 and said, "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased." In other words, "I approve him." The implication is that there is NOTHING you have to do to EARN His approval. Needless to say, Jesus was able to do many incredible things after receiving the Father's approval. That same pre-approval without merit applies to me. According to Ephesians 1:5-7, I have been adopted by God because of Jesus and I have been accepted (or approved) into the beloved. 

It would take a year to blog about how significant that is, but in a nutshell: I have been approved without doing ONE thing. My approval was based on what somebody else did! I don't work FOR His approval, I am able to function because OF His approval. Like my friend searching for her new home, I don't have to hope, beg, or fear ANYTHING. I KNOW I've been approved and I will NOT reschedule my pursuit of "more" simply because of rainy days! There is no need to entertain other opinions when it comes to my life because I have been APPROVED!

I ANTicipate doing many incredible things because of His approval.

5 comments:

  1. Pervis says:

    Another eye and heart opener brother! This again, is straight from the heart of God Himself.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Amen! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME post Anthony! " There is no need to entertain other opinions when it comes to my life because I have been Approved!" What else needs to be said? Nothing! Thanks for the REMINDER that I have already been approved! ;) This message was RIGHT on time.

  1. Anthony says:

    Thx Pervis. Your encouragement is NOT wasted on my ears!

    Thx for taking time to read the blog Anonymous. Walk in HIS approval!

  1. Yorel says:

    Another blessing... I'm beginning to thing we may need to pow-wow (via however) every once in a while. Just to chit-chat. I feel like i could learn a lot from you...holla at me kid!

  1. Anthony says:

    Yorel, I can't tell you how much of a blessing it is to hear that others are blessed by these posts. I'm always game for a session of iron sharpening iron. I'm almost CERTAIN the Lord has willed it so. We have not all gathered in the forum by accident. There is a master plan at work! I'll holla soon fam!